This position will coordinate technical and office operations for two of the offices that provide academic support to Colby-Sawyer students: The Student Learning Collaborative (SLC) and Access Resources (AR). The Academic Support Coordinator will direct students to the appropriate personnel to address their concerns and assist in the operations management for both the SLC and AR. This is a 40 hour/week 10 month/year position reporting to the Director of The Student Learning Collaborative (50%) and the Director Access Resources (50%).
Direct Academic Support
- Work one on one with students to develop foundational skills including quantitative literacy or writing, time management, note taking, test preparation, and test taking.
- Assess the needs of various stakeholders (students, staff, faculty, parents, etc.) and refer them to the appropriate offices
- Train students to use various assistive technologies.
- Support students in completing online forms for testing and tutoring
Technology and Office Management
- Serve as departments’ technology resource and liaison with Information Resources, software vendors, and professional organizations as they relate to operations functions.
- Assist the directors in managing the staff schedules for the SLC and AR.
- Support management of technology-based systems including, but not limited to the SLC’s online appointment tracking system, and Access Resources’ test scheduling system.
- Schedule, coordinate, and proctor tests taken in through AR. Ensure that all tests taken at the AR are properly proctored.
- Assist in regular upkeep of all departments’ SharePoint and web sites, including updates, exam details, and link verifications.
- Manage and report from databases, maintaining the integrity of database design and operation.
- Convert tests and other documents into digital formats for students who use screen readers. Upload documents to Moodle as needed.
- Support the directors in all marketing and outreach initiatives.
- Maintain supply inventory for SLC and AR and track technology loans and returns.
- 5 years of experience in office coordination/technology support in a college or nonprofit setting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to tutor one of the college’s foundational requirements, writing or quantitative literacy (quantitative literacy preferred).
- Ability to communicate with a wide constituency and target written communication to specific audiences (faculty, students, staff, families, and community members).
- Broad base of technical knowledge and skills related to organizing and maintaining records systems.
- Experience which demonstrates skills in research, project organization and management, and problem analysis.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, database management, and the ability to learn new software packages as needed.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing responsibilities from different offices.
- An understanding of disability and confidentiality regulations pertaining to higher education.
- Sensitivity and respect for cultural, educational, gender, religious, racial, and socioeconomic differences.
- Ability to work outside of traditional work hours as needed.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.