This position supports and maintains the database security, integrity and performance of multiple systems on campus. Responsible for planning and development of the databases, as well as troubleshooting certain issues on behalf of the users.
- Administer the College’s databases to secure, effective, regulatory compliant and reliable campus-wide access to shared systems, services and applications, including; Windows servers, VMWare, Citrix, Sharepoint, Great Plains, etc.
- Using a variety of monitoring and performance analysis tools, provide day-to-day monitoring of database performance and reliability. Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve database problems when they occur, escalate problems to outside vendors where necessary, and complete upgrades, as needed.
- Responsible for version and update changes and thorough data backup strategies for databases
- Perform adhoc analysis and reporting and participate in special projects
- Participate in Help Desk support using Help Desk software.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Information Resources team in support of departmental and cross-campus policies, procedures and protocols.
- Develop and maintain process for ongoing analyst of system database functions.
- Experience in iOS/Swift and Android /Java development.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, MIS or other relevant field OR equivalent experience from which suitable knowledge and skills can be gained.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with Microsoft Server and LAN/Internet electronics support.
- Experience with MS SQL Management Studio and writing complex SQL views.
- Demonstrated administrative and organization skills, with proven expertise in problem solving and analysis.
- Familiarity with reporting tools like Argos, Tableau, MS Access, and other leading business intelligence tools in depth knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in a service-oriented capacity, where the needs of the customer are a priority in an environment of growth and change.
Routine office environment, with extended periods of exposure to computer screens. Periodic non-standard work hours may be required during upgrades and emergency database issues.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 105 to complete an application.