Making sure that the college's business data information systems work together as a cooperative unit. Collecting and analyzing business requirements and solve client data and reporting problems, combining technical tools with process improvement strategies as appropriate. Primary technical responsibility for the data and tools used by operations departments to report and measure performance across the institution. This role is a liaison with key technology contact in operational areas for data and reporting.
- Develop and maintain integration processes among the school’s application systems—PowerCAMPUS, PFaids (Access bridge but not PC bridge), Moodle/Remote Learner, Symplicity/Residence, TargetX, Ouvvi, & Sierra (library).
- Troubleshoot problems and issues, ensure data integrity, and recommend opportunities for improvement for databases, reporting, and integrations across the institution.
- Create and manage reports both in individual tools (MS Access) and in institution-wide tools (Argos Web Viewer), and help integrate them into operational procedures.
- Provide technical support for the development, maintenance, and upgrades as needed for external reporting: ScriptSafe transcript reporting, National Student Loan Clearinghouse, IPEDS, NCAA, and Hardwick Day.
- Support end users, report writers and others with MS Access and in Argos Web Viewer as data management and reporting tools, including training users in MS Access and Argos report development tools.
- Be proactive member of team providing technical support in the structure and access to the school’s application databases, including Application Analyst, Database Managers, and Helpdesk support.
- Primary contact for vendors of integration, reporting tools, systems and other applications as needed.
- Recommend and prioritize direction for all integrations and centralized reporting.
- Primary administrator for the school’s internally developed datamart and associated reports and procedures.
- Maintain documentation and standards for assigned application systems:
- PowerCampus Integrations as specified for this job (some integrations are managed by Applications Analyst)
- Argos reporting tool
- Access/Excel tips and tricks related to reporting from data stores
- Ouvvi data synchronization tool
- Utilize Spiceworks for IT helpdesk trouble and project ticket workflow.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Management or 5-10 years related job experience.
- Must be able to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience and be able to translate business requests and requirements into technical solutions addressing the underlying goals rather than the specific request.
- Advanced to expert skills with MS Office, particularly Excel and expert skills with MS Access.
- Advanced ability to read, write, and troubleshoot SQL within MS SQL Server environment and other reporting and integration tools. Microsoft SQL Server database and security management experience.
- Understanding of relational databases, business analysis skills
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of systems, including both experience with examining and solving the problem, and researching and learning easily and quickly while under pressure.
- Demonstrated success with cross-functional collaboration.
- Project management skills necessary for tracking and managing multiple tasks and priorities ongoing, including ability to step back from "emergency immediate response mode" and set or negotiate priorities based on longer term goals across all customers.
- Over all excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.