The Content Creator creates, edits and produces editorial content for Colby-Sawyer’s marketing and communications efforts on the web, social networks and video platforms. The Content Creator is tasked with writing, producing and editing video, text and image assets across Colby-Sawyer’s social and web channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong background creating news and feature stories, video and photo-driven content across popular social networks.
- Research and write news and feature stories for print and online communications that are both assigned and self-proposed. Work across departments and collaborate with college offices to develop content.
- Plan, shoot and edit videos that tell the stories of life at and after Colby-Sawyer College.
- Attend campus events, some of which may be at night or on weekends, to take photography/videography, including helping to live stream the Commencement ceremony.
- Publish content to the college website and social media channels. Disseminate stories through social media and to the press.
- Manage the online public events calendar, from securing details to disseminating monthly events email in collaboration with campus partners.
- Assist with the biannual magazine editorial process, including pitching, research, writing and editing stories.
- Build professional relationships with members of the college community, including students, alumni and faculty. Edit and proof content.
- Bachelor degree required in English, communications or other related field.
- 3-5 years of experience writing and proofreading for print or digital publication and experience.
- Proven ability to plan, shoot and edit short videos. Photography portfolio a plus.
- Experience with content management systems and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop.
- Ability to anticipate and fulfill department needs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet publication deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and confidential information.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.