The Content Creator creates, produces and edits editorial content for Colby-Sawyer’s marketing and communications efforts for the web, social networks, video platforms and print.
The Content Creator is tasked with writing short-form content for the web, social networks and video platforms, and long-form content for the web and print. The ideal candidate will have a strong background creating news and feature stories, and video- and photo-driven content across popular social networks.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of storytelling as a form of communication, and the ability to skillfully pair a written piece with visual imagery.
The Content Creator will provide editorial support and assistance as needed and ensure the college’s mission is accurately and clearly communicated in messages.
- Research and write news and feature stories for print and online communications that are both assigned and self-proposed. Work across departments and collaborate with college offices to develop content.
- Compose, edit and proof content using accepted journalistic standards.
- Attend campus events, some of which may be at night or on weekends, to visually record — through photographs and video shorts — including the live streaming of the Commencement ceremony.
- Publish written and visual content to the college website and social media channels; disseminate stories through social media and to the press.
- Manage the online public events calendar, from securing details to disseminating monthly events email in collaboration with campus partners.
- Assist with the biannual magazine editorial process, including pitching, research, writing and editing stories.
- Build professional relationships with members of the college community, including students, alumni and faculty.
- Ability to anticipate and fulfill department needs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet publication deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and confidential information.
- Bachelor degree required in English, writing, communications or other related field.
- Two – five years of professional experience writing and proofreading for print or digital publication.
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of long- and short-form writing structure and a refined and proven awareness of correct grammar and syntax.
- Writing samples required; please include three published writing samples.
- Proven ability to take compelling and well composed photographs
- Proven ability to plan, shoot and edit short videos which tell the stories of life at, and after, Colby-Sawyer College
- Experience with content management systems and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.