The Director of Rugby will report to the Director of Athletics and serve as the Head Coach of our NCAA Division III sponsored women’s rugby team. Responsibilities include all aspects of coaching, student development and recruitment of the women’s rugby team. The Director of Rugby will assist the Director of Athletics in the leadership, vision and supervision of the team. The Director of Rugby will also oversee all recruitment efforts for our men’s rugby club team.
- Perform key program planning functions for assigned team(s), in conjunction with the mission and culture of the college and in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Serve as professional educator for all student athletes, encouraging individual as well as team goal setting, acknowledging individual challenges and achievements, encouraging academic achievement and positive social interactions at all times.
- Carry out various team development tasks, including: generating on-campus participants, conditioning of athletes, monitoring academic and personal development through program evaluations.
- Plan and carry out team practice sessions, coach team during contests, modeling good sportsmanship and positive social interactions at all times.
- Perform various administrative tasks for the program: plan and monitor budget; maintain inventory of, and project expenses related to equipment and uniforms and coordinate program schedule.
- Recruit student athletes: maintain up-to-date files of prospective students; evaluate athletic performance and meet with prospective students; participate in special department recruitment programs/activities.
- Prepare facilities for practices and home contests.
- Arrange travel for away games.
- Serve as liaison with other college professionals regarding at-risk student athletes. Maintain knowledge and familiarity with all student services to facilitate this liaison role.
- Participate in various athletic advertising and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain strict compliance with all college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist Admissions staff in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Observe safety requirements. Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to supervisor or security.
- Work effectively with all college employees and students.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demeanor to deal effectively with students, parents, high school coaches and other college athletics personnel, and other CSC personnel in carrying out the recruitment and coaching aspects of the job.
- Possess the appropriate demeanor to work well with the public and cooperatively with other staff and departments.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Basic knowledge and skills related to college athletic programs, with demonstrated skills in assigned team sports. Demonstrated basic teaching/coaching skills.
- Certifications appropriate to the relevant sport, division, or other regulating agency.
- Two years of high school or college coaching experience, with collegiate playing experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.