Accurately and effectively performs a full range of financial aid duties in a student-centered financial aid program. This position provides thorough information to students and their families about the cost of education and financial options that are available to make a private college education affordable. This is a 30-hour/week, 12-month position reporting to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Import, review, maintain and ensure accuracy of financial aid records, reports and databases.
- Implement a quality control system to ensure timely and accurate processing of all required forms and documentation for the awarding of financial aid.
- Process, review and document all necessary forms submitted by families for tax verification completion and special consideration requests.
Financial Aid Information
- Maintain a working knowledge of financial aid regulations.
- Award and certify private student loans, private and state scholarships and federal parent and student loans.
- Counsel prospective and current students and parents on the complex and confidential financial aid process, financing options and student account information.
- Provide high quality, student-centered customer service support to the financial aid office through telephone, e-mail, daily mail processing and related office tasks.
Projects and Special Assignments
- Assist with Admissions projects and duties Including Admissions file review, data entry and grade point average (GPA) calculations.
- Participate in campus-wide activities to promote the presence of the Financial Aid office and assist Admissions to ensure campus recruitment goals.
- Assist the Tuition Exchange Liaison Officer (TELO) in processing tuition exchange applications and maintaining records.
- Serve on appropriate departmental and institutional committees.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) is preferred; a high school diploma is required.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, particularly for Admissions events.
- Superior communication skills required to communicate sensitive, complicated, and confidential information to prospective students, families and colleagues. Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Accuracy with number and basic math skills Proficiency with office computer technologies, particular relational databases.
- Proficiency with office computer technologies, particular relational databases.
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.