To provide water aerobics instruction which includes monitoring and educating patrons on fitness and safety and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants. This position is for classes two days a week.
- Teach scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time and providing adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching and cool down
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles
- Prepares appropriate equipment, routine and music for each class
- Assists patrons, answers questions and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants
- Ensures that safety standards are met and that facility policies are adhered to
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Certified instructor (ACE, AEA, AFAA), water specialty preferred
E-mail your cover letter and résumé to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu or stop by the Human Resources office in Colgate Hall room 230 to complete an application.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.