Federal financial assistance and loans through the U.S. Department of Education may help you to pay for tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.

Rural Health Careers Scholarship

MSN students who are actively employed at a rural healthcare facility in New Hampshire are eligible for the Rural Health Careers Scholarship. You may receive a scholarship up to $1250 per academic semester/term, for a cumulative total of $5,000.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

To see if you qualify for federal student aid, submit the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov. Get started by creating a FSA ID and be sure to select Colby-Sawyer as one of the colleges to receive a copy of your FAFSA. Colby-Sawyer's federal code is 002572.

Federal Direct Loan Program

Federal Direct Loans are available to all students who submit a FAFSA and maintain at least half-time enrollment. There are two types of Direct Loans that you may be able to receive:

  • Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Eligible students may borrow up to $20,500 per school year.
  • Direct PLUS Loans: Eligible students requiring financial assistance beyond the maximum unsubsidized loan may apply for a PLUS loan.

For more information about federal student loans, visit studentaid.ed.gov/loans.

The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/ master's degree program in nursing at Colby-Sawyer College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).