Austin houses returning students who love the large rooms with built-in bureaus and other features. There is always something going on in the evenings, whether planned by the Resident Assistants or students.
Austin Hall's residents live in singles, doubles, triples and quads. The basement is mixed gender, the first floor is all men, and the second floor is all women.
Austin Hall is under the direction of the Area Coordinator who lives in Rooke Hall. Two Resident Assistants live in Austin.
Austin was constructed in 1927 to serve as a gymnasium and physical education center. In 1965, it was renovated and turned into a residence for 33 students. The hall was named in honor of Dr. Eugene M. Austin, president of the college from 1955 to 1962.