Return to Colby-Sawyer

We would love to see you back in our community! Every semester we work with a group of students who have taken time away and are ready to become Chargers again. The Office of Student Success and Retention can help you transition back to Colby-Sawyer. We’ll talk about classes, housing, finances, and open the door to rest of your college career.

Traditional students should email to learn which options are available to you and professional learners should email

Getting Started

Students in good standing who have been away for a year or less can often enroll in classes without having to reapply! You will work with the student success office to learn about how to return as quickly as possible, with support. We also want to hear from you if you’ve been gone longer than a year. There are many options for earning those last credits for your degree at Colby-Sawyer.

Returning after Transferring

We encourage you to explore new things to see what’s right for you. If you’ve tried another school, but feel more at home here on the hill, we want to help. We can discuss whether you have credits you can apply toward your degree at CSC.

Returning after Suspension

We encourage students to take classes while away. These credits, when approved by the registrar, will transfer back to your Colby-Sawyer transcript. We only accept classes in which you earn a C or higher. If you have questions about these classes you can email