Professor Boyer joined faculty in 2008. He earned a Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota. He formerly served as a lecturer at the University of Minnesota and as an adjunct lecturer in the Department of Political Science at Saint Thomas University. read more…
Areas of Expertise
- American Studies
Political Theory: History of Political Thought, Political Ideologies, American Political Thought, Marx and Marx-ism, Democratic Theory
Comparative Politics: Comparative Sociopolitical Change, Democratic Transitions, African Politics
Boyer, E., Illuzzi, M., & Weidenfeld, M. (2016). Amending the Constitution: The First Federal Congress, 1789-1790. Level 2 Reacting to the Past Simulation. Retrieved from: https://reacting.barnard.edu/c...
- Boyer, E. (2015). Violence, Power, and Politics in The Walking Dead. The Heathwood Journal, 1(1), 66-78.
- Boyer, E. (2015). [Review of the book Karl Marx: An Intellectual Biography, by R. Hosfeld]. The Historian, 77(3), 611-612.
- Boyer, E. (2014). Zombies All! The Janus-Faced Zombie of the 21st Century. The Journal of Popular Culture, 47(6), 1139-1152.
- Boyer, E. (2011). [Review of the book Common Sense: A Political History, by S. Rosenfeld]. The Historian, 74(3), 649-650.
- Boyer, E. (2010). John Dewey and Growth as End-In-Itself. Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 93, 21-47.
- Boyer, Eric M. “The Four Texts of World War Z – Unity, Violence, and Transformative Vulnerability” – Paper presented to the 2015 Northeast Popular/American Culture Association Conference in New London, NH, October 31.
- Boyer, Eric M. “‘I Should Still Be Able to Fire a Gun…What More Do I Need?’ – Violence, Power, and Politics in The Walking Dead” – Paper presented to the 2014 Northeast Popular/American Culture Association conference in Providence, RI, October 25.
- Boyer, Eric, Denis Kennedy, and Ted Gimbel. “Using Simulations in the Political Science Classroom” – Presentation to the UMN Political Science Teaching Conference in Minneapolis, MN, July 26, 2014.
- Boyer, Eric M. “Things Become Persons, Persons Become Things - The ‘Voodoo’ Zombies of Capital, Volume 1” – Paper presented to the 2014 Northeastern Political Science Association Annual Meeting in Woodstock, VT, April 26.
- Boyer, Eric M. “Pop Culture Pedagogy” – Paper presented to the 1st Annual “EDies” Showcase of Excellence in Manchester, NH, March 6, 2013
- Boyer, Eric M. “Invisible, but Objective: The Phantom Haunting Karl Marx’s Capital, Volume 1” – Paper presented to the 2012 Northeastern Political Science Association Annual Meeting in Boston, MA, November 15-17.
- Boyer, Eric M. “Marx and the Horrific: Of Persons and Things in Capital, Volume 1” – Paper presented to the 2012 Southern Political Science Association Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA, January 12-14.
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of Minnesota
- B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, Indiana University of Pennsylvania