Joined the faculty in 2007. Ph.D. Northcentral University, Education/Organizational Leadership; M.Ed., Springfield College, Physical Education/Athletic Administration; B.S., Ithaca College, Physical Education Teacher Certification K-12, concentration in Athletic Training. Certifications: ACE Group Fitness Instructor and Zumba Fitness Level 1 Instructor. Professional interests include sport facility and event management, athletics administration, coaching education, and organizing golf tournaments as fundraisers. read more…
Areas of Expertise
- Event Management
- Athletics Administration
- Leadership and Governance
- Coaching Education
- Group Fitness Instruction
- Watts, S., & Medbery, R. (2017, May). Coaching education and professional development: The Role college campuses can play. Presentation at the National Coaching Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Watts, S. (2017, March). Perceived needs for interscholastic coaching education and continuing professional development. Poster presentation at the SHAPE National Convention, Boston, MA.
- Watts, S. (2016, November). Quality sport experiences for student-athletes: The need for well-educated coaches. Presentation at the New Hampshire Association of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, Waterville Valley, NH.
- Eckrich, J., Watts, S., Pietlicki, B., & Spear, W. (2011). Faculty with professional Experiences: Academe as a second career. Presentation for the New England Faculty Development Consortium Spring Conference, Worcester, MA.
- Ph.D., Northcentral University
- M.Ed., Springfield College
- B.S., Physical Education, Ithaca College